1 dead, 1 hospitalized after high levels of carbon monoxide found inside Asheville mobile home

bug


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

 


ASHEVILLE, North Carolina — Authorities in Asheville say a woman is dead and a second person hospitalized after an outdoor propane cooker used inside a mobile home produced high levels of carbon monoxide.

Sgt. Dave Romick of the Asheville Police Department says police and fire personnel responded to a call Friday after getting reports of two people unconscious inside the mobile home on the city's north side. The individuals were found by another family member who was returning home after working third shift.

Romick said first responders found 75-year-old Leng Eang dead in her bedroom. He said another adult was found alive inside the mobile home. That person was rushed to Mission Hospital in critical condition.

All content copyright ©2014 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.