Prosecutors: Discarded cigarette sparks deadly accidental fire at apartment complex.


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Subjects:

Places:

 


TUCKERTON, New Jersey — Prosecutors say a discarded cigarette sparked an accidental fire that killed a man at a southern New Jersey apartment complex.

The fire at the Village on the Green complex in Tuckerton was reported around 10:45 a.m. Tuesday. A borough police officer was able to force entry into the unit where the blaze occurred, but he was quickly met by heavy smoke and fire.

Firefighters soon arrived on scene and got 74-four-year-old Andrew Koralja out of his unit. But he was pronounced dead at a hospital a short time later.

Prosecutors say Koralja lived alone in the apartment.

No other injuries were reported in the blaze.

All content copyright ©2014 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.