Daily Journal masthead

Investigation: Queen Ann Hill fire sparked by electrical malfunction

bug
Share/Save/Bookmark

SEATTLE — The fire that swept through a Queen Anne Hill condominium complex was sparked by an electrical malfunction that started in the attic.

KOMO-TV reports (http://bit.ly/1GUDdst ) that officials with the Seattle Fire Department ruled the fire that started Thursday evening as accidental.

Officials say it caused about $3 million in damage.

The fire broke out just before 5 p.m. Thursday. Flames erupted from the roof not long after firefighters arrived. Flames quickly spread across the roof and could be seen shooting several feet into the sky as smoke continued to billow atop the hill.

Firefighters evacuated all the tenants and fought the blaze in 93-degree heat.


Information from: KOMO-TV, http://www.komotv.com/

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

Story copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to info@ap.org and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Category:

Follow Daily Journal:

All content copyright ©2015 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.