BOSTON — An accomplice in the 2012 slaying of a Boston man is heading to prison.
Forty-four-year-old Jose Carrasquillo was sentenced Tuesday to at least 13 years behind bars. He pleaded guilty to manslaughter in the death of 42-year-old Orlando Guerrero during a robbery.
Carrasquillo was charged with murder, but pleaded guilty to a lesser charge in an agreement with prosecutors to cooperate against the gunman, 31-year-old Luis Diaz. Carrasquillo says he agreed to partake in the robbery, but didn't expect Diaz to shoot Guerrero.
Diaz pleaded guilty to manslaughter last week and was sentenced to 17 years in prison.
Carrasquillo's lawyer, Keith Halpern, says his client was used and deserved a much lighter sentence.
But Judge Jeffrey Locke says the sentence was fair.