Ketchikan fire authorities release name of man killed in residential fire

bug


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Subjects:

Places:

 


KETCHIKAN, Alaska — Ketchikan fire authorities have identified a man killed in a residential fire as 60-year-old George Mather Jr.

Ketchikan radio station KRBD (http://is.gd/55Bjhk ) reports Mather died of smoke inhalation in the Monday morning fire.

Mather lived at the home.

The cause of the fire has been blamed on faulty electrical wiring.

Ketchikan Fire Chief Abner Hoage says an autopsy by the state medical examiner's office found high levels of carbon monoxide in the victim's blood.

Hoage says the home had a smoke detector, but the battery had been removed from it.

Hoage says the fire appeared to have smoldered for a long time. He says a working smoke detector likely would have alerted Mather.


Information from: KRBD-FM, http://www.ktn.net/krbd/

All content copyright ©2015 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.