Veteran BBC radio and TV host Paul Gambaccini cleared of suspicion of sex offenses

bug


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Subjects:

Places:

 


LONDON — British prosecutors say veteran BBC radio and TV host Paul Gambaccini will not face charges after a lengthy investigation into alleged sexual offenses.

Prosecutors said Friday there was insufficient evidence to bring a case against the 65-year-old Gambaccini.

The prominent broadcaster has maintained his innocence since he was arrested last year. He has worked at BBC for more than four decades and become one of Britain's best-known music presenters.

Gambaccini released a statement saying he would not discuss the "trauma" he had been "unjustly subjected to" following his arrest. He said he was grateful for public support he had received and indicated he would shortly return to work.

Gambaccini was one of more than a dozen people arrested following the abuse scandal surrounding the late BBC broadcaster Jimmy Savile, who investigators say abused hundreds.

All content copyright ©2014 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.