Daily Journal masthead

1 man hurt in apartment fire in Bear, Delaware; cause was unattended cooking


BEAR, Delaware — Authorities say one resident was hurt when fire broke out in an apartment building in Bear.

The State Fire Marshal's Office says the blaze was reported about 2 a.m. Friday at the Appleby Apartments on Bedford Lane.

Firefighters say the blaze spread smoke throughout the three-story building. A man in a third-floor apartment was taken to Christiana Hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation.

Officials say the fire began in a second-floor apartment when cooking items were left unattended. Damage is estimated at $150,000.

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

Story copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to info@ap.org and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.

We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)


Follow Daily Journal:

All content copyright ©2015 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.