Lincoln apartment complex fire leaves 4 temporarily displaced, sends girl to hospital

bug


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Subjects:

Places:

 


LINCOLN, Nebraska — Lincoln firefighters say a carelessly discarded cigarette caused an apartment fire that sent a girl to the hospital and temporarily displaced four people.

Fire & Rescue officials say the two-alarm blaze on Sunday caused about $75,000 in damages to the downtown building. There were 19 people in the 12-unit complex at the time but no injuries were reported.

Firefighters say the cigarette caught the third floor deck on fire and spread to two apartments.

The Red Cross relocated four residents. The girl was transported to an area hospital for an evaluation.

All content copyright ©2014 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.