Daily Journal masthead

Carbon monoxide victim was Pittsburgh-area man, 89; left car running in garage after church


BALDWIN, Pennsylvania — An 89-year-old man found dead of carbon monoxide poisoning had returned home from church and accidentally left his car running in the garage attached to his Pittsburgh-area home.

The Allegheny County medical examiner's office identified the victim as Crysostom Huebner.

Baldwin police Chief Michael Scott says the man's car was found out of gas, but still "hot" and with the key in the "on" position in the ignition when crews went to the home shortly before noon Monday. The man's daughter called 911 when she went to check on her father and found him dead.

She was also treated for carbon monoxide poisoning but was expected to recover.

Investigators believed the man went to church Sunday night and forgot to turn off the car after he returned.

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

Story copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to info@ap.org and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.

We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)




Follow Daily Journal:

All content copyright ©2015 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.