Here are the government's rankings of the leading airlines and their on-time performance for December. Some airlines, including Spirit and Allegiant, are not included because they operate fewer flights. The federal government counts a flight as on time if it arrives within 14 minutes of schedule.
1. Delta Air Lines, 88.9 percent
2. Hawaiian Airlines, 87.9 percent
3. AirTran Airways 87.3 percent
4. US Airways, 81.3 percent
5. Alaska Airlines, 80.4 percent
6. JetBlue Airways, 80.4 percent
7. ExpressJet, 76.0 percent
8. American Airlines, 73.3 percent
9. United Airlines, 72.4 percent
10. Southwest Airlines, 71.5 percent
11. Virgin America, 68.2 percent
12. Frontier Airlines, 67.8 percent
13. SkyWest, 67.2 percent
14. Envoy Air, 63.1 percent
Total for all reporting airlines: 75.3 percent
- AirTran ended passenger flights on Dec. 28; it is owned by Southwest Airlines Co.
- American, US Airways and Envoy are owned by American Airlines Group Inc.
Source: U.S. Department of Transportation
The report can be found at: http://1.usa.gov/1KJmdGY
All content copyright ©2015 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.