Daily Journal masthead

House explosion in Gettysburg injures baby; natural gas is suspected cause of Wednesday blast

bug
Share/Save/Bookmark

GETTYSBURG, South Dakota — Natural gas is believed to be the cause of an explosion that damaged a Gettysburg home and injured a baby inside.

Potter County Emergency Manager Cheryl Sautner tells the American News (http://bit.ly/1N5AG2N ) that the blast occurred about 8:30 a.m. Wednesday at the home of Scott and Lisa Quiett. Officials with Montana-Dakota Utilities were on site later in the day investigating.

Sautner says the baby suffered burns to her face, hands and an arm. She was taken to a Minneapolis-area hospital for treatment.


Information from: Aberdeen American News, http://www.aberdeennews.com

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

Story copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to info@ap.org and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Category:

Follow Daily Journal:

All content copyright ©2015 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.