Defendants in Boone motel deaths lawsuit want case moved from Charlotte

bug


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Subjects:

Places:

 


CHARLOTTE, North Carolina — Some of the defendants in a lawsuit filed by the estate of a Washington state couple who died of carbon monoxide poisoning in a Boone motel two years ago want the case moved from Charlotte.

The Charlotte Observer reported (http://bit.ly/1PWCE7m) the defendants have filed a request that the case be moved to Boone, where most of the defendants live.

The lawsuit was filed by the estate of Daryl and Shirley Jenkins of Longview, Washington. They died in 2013 when carbon monoxide leaked into their room from a swimming pool water heater on the floor beneath them at the Best Western Plus Blue Ridge Plaza.

Officials did not learn of the deadly gas until an 11 year-old Rock Hill, South Carolina, boy died in the same room two months later.


Information from: The Charlotte Observer, http://www.charlotteobserver.com

All content copyright ©2015 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.