Here are the government's rankings of the leading airlines and their on-time performance for October. Some airlines, including Spirit and Allegiant, are not included because they operate fewer flights. The federal government counts a flight as on-time if it arrives within 14 minutes of schedule.
1. Hawaiian Airlines, 89.7 percent
2. Alaska Airlines, 87.2 percent
3. AirTran Airways, 87.0 percent
4. Delta Air Lines, 86.8 percent
5. JetBlue Airways, 83.7 percent
6. Virgin America, 83.6 percent
7. US Airways, 83.3 percent
8. Frontier Airlines, 83.3 percent
9. SkyWest, 80.9 percent
10. Southwest Airlines, 80.3 percent
11. United Airlines, 77.4 percent
12. American Airlines, 76.1 percent
13. ExpressJet, 75.4 percent
14. Envoy Air, 66.2 percent
Total for all reporting airlines: 80.0 percent
— Southwest and AirTran are owned by Southwest Airlines Co.
— American, US Airways and Envoy are owned by American Airlines Group Inc.
Source: U.S. Department of Transportation
The report can be found at: http://1.usa.gov/1381fDA
All content copyright ©2014 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.