NC board suspends license of contractor who did work at Boone motel where 3 died

bug


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Places:

 


CHARLOTTE, North Carolina — A North Carolina board has suspended the license of a contractor who did faulty work on a pool heater later found to be the source of leaking carbon monoxide that killed three Boone hotel guests.

The Charlotte Observer reports (http://bit.ly/1p2BsGm ) Thursday the State Board of Examiners of Plumbing, Heating & Fire Sprinkler Contractors made that determination in the case of Thomas Miller.

The board found the Independence Oil & Gas contractor converted the pool heater from propane to natural gas in violation of the manufacturer's instructions.

Carbon monoxide from the heating system infiltrated a room on the floor above at the Boone Best Western and killed Daryl and Shirley Jenkins of Longview, Washington, in April 2013 and 11-year-old Jeffrey Williams of Rock Hill, South Carolina, about a month later.


Information from: The Charlotte Observer, http://www.charlotteobserver.com

All content copyright ©2014 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.