Daily Journal masthead

Authorities say auxiliary heater being used to thaw pipes likely caused Iowa mobile home fire

bug
Share/Save/Bookmark

MUSCATINE, Iowa — Authorities say the use of an auxiliary heater likely caused a fire at a mobile home in Muscatine.

The fire was reported about 12:30 p.m. Sunday at the Ripleys mobile home park. Muscatine Fire Battalion Chief Darrell Janssen told the Muscatine Journal (http://bit.ly/1P2Wn2f ) that flames and smoke were seen coming from the rear of the home as firefighters arrived.

Janssen says the auxiliary heater was being used to thaw frozen pipes and likely ignited some material under the home.

No injuries have been reported. The home's resident escaped unharmed.


Information from: Muscatine Journal, http://www.muscatinejournal.com

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

Story copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to info@ap.org and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Category:

Subjects:

Places:

 

Follow Daily Journal:

All content copyright ©2016 Daily Journal, a publication of AIM Media Indiana unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.