UPPER ARLINGTON, Ohio — Natural gas is suspected as the cause of a house explosion in the Columbus suburb of Upper Arlington that damaged seven to nine neighboring structures.
Fire Chief Jeff Young said "amazingly" there were no fatalities and no injuries requiring emergency transport were reported.
Fire crews were called to the 3400 block of Sunningdale Way near the intersection of Tremont and Fishinger roads around 2:45 p.m. Saturday. Young said a Columbia Gas employee had already been in the area investigating a report of natural gas when the house blew up.
Young said the residents of the destroyed structure were away at the time, perhaps on vacation in Europe.
He said fire officials will continue working with local police and Columbia Gas officials to determine the explosion's cause.
All content copyright ©2015 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.