Investigators say St. Albans fire in camper and warehouse deemed accidental

bug


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Subjects:

Places:

 


ST. ALBANS, Vermont — Vermont fire investigators say fires in a camper and in a nearby St. Albans warehouse were accidental.

St. Albans police say the owner of the warehouse was removing metal siding from the building at about 6 p.m. Sunday when a piece of the siding fell, severing the building's electrical power line.

The line arced against the building and then dropped onto the camper, causing the separate fires.

Police say 41 firefighters from the city and town of St. Albans extinguished both fires.

There were no reported injuries.

The fire also destroyed an electrical transformer, leaving about 1,800 people without electricity for two hours.

All content copyright ©2015 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.