Daily Journal masthead

Officials: Fire at Vermont apartment house kills 2 pets, displaces several people

bug
Share/Save/Bookmark

RUTLAND, Vermont — Fire officials say a dog and cat were killed and at least eight people were displaced in a fire at a Vermont apartment house.

It happened at around 5 p.m. Monday at a four-unit apartment house on North Main Street in Rutland.

Brad LaFaso, chief of operations for the Rutland Fire Department, says the blaze was sparked by a candle with incense that was left unattended for five to 10 minutes.

No one was injured, but officials say several people were displaced.

Officials say two people were taken from the scene in handcuffs. Police haven't said if they are facing any charges.

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

Story copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to info@ap.org and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Category:

Subjects:

Places:

 

Follow Daily Journal:

All content copyright ©2015 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.