EAST LYME, Connecticut — An 18-year-old man was arrested after allegedly threatening that a Connecticut town "better be ready for the hail of bullets" because he had been bullied for so long.
The threat by Tyler McKenzie prompted the East Lyme school district to cancel sporting events and plan for additional security measures when classes resume Monday, police said.
McKenzie was arrested Wednesday and charged with first-degree threatening and second-degree breach of peace.
The arrest came about a week after the threatening comment was posted on YikYak, a social media website. State, local police and the FBI searched McKenzie's home in East Lyme and recovered evidence, authorities said.
Investigators say McKenzie admitted he wrote the threatening post. They say he acted alone, and they don't anticipate additional arrests.
McKenzie was held on a $25,000 bond and is scheduled to appear in at New London Superior Court on Friday.
All content copyright ©2015 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.