NEW YORK — Police Commissioner William Bratton says there are no credible threats against Sunday's New York City Marathon.
This is the second time the race has been run since the bombings at the 2013 Boston Marathon. Security was stepped up last year, and organizers plan similar measures Sunday.
Mayor Bill de Blasio said at a news conference Thursday that he and Bratton attended a meeting the day before that included various city agencies and the FBI to go over preparations.
Last year, barriers were erected around Central Park, where the race ends. Spectators could enter only through a few designated checkpoints where bags were searched.
About 50,000 runners are expected for Sunday's race through the five boroughs.
All content copyright ©2014 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.