BURTONSVILLE, Maryland — A Montgomery County house fire has injured a firefighter and displaced a family.
About 75 firefighters fought the fire in Burtonsville early Monday morning. One firefighter was hurt after he fell through the home's roof. He was treated and released from a local hospital and is expected to be OK.
Fire officials say the family in the home was able to make it out after they were alerted by smoke alarms. They say the family cat is missing.
The fire began in the home's basement and was believed to be caused by a wood stove. Damage was estimated at $800,000.
All content copyright ©2014 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.