Baton Rouge firefighters: Friday's fatal fire possibly caused by overloaded surge protectors

bug


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Subjects:

Places:

 


BATON ROUGE, Louisiana — Baton Rouge firefighters say Friday's fatal apartment fire that left a husband and wife dead may have been caused by overloaded surge protectors in the living room near the television set.

Department spokesman Curt Monte tells The Advocate (http://bit.ly/1xkUebu) one surge protector was plugged into another and that the second one was plugged into the wall. He says the outlets in each strip were filled with plugs.

Officials say 71-year-old Ezekiel Jackson and his wife, 63-year-old Gloria Jackson, died in the apartment fire even though firefighters were able to bring it under control 15 minutes after arriving.


Information from: The Advocate, http://theadvocate.com

All content copyright ©2014 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.