Garage containing chlorine catches fire, sends 13 firefighters to a hospital for treatment

bug


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Subjects:

Places:

 


HAMILTON, New Jersey — Officials are investigating a blaze that sent more than a dozen firefighters to hospitals in New Jersey.

NJ.com reports (http://bit.ly/1EZwXSH ) 13 firefighters were treated Wednesday after battling a blaze that ripped through two garages.

Officials say one of the garages had a container of chlorine in it that's typically used in pools. When it burned, it let off a gas that caused several respiratory injuries.

Officials moved bystanders and firefighters a block away from the incident as a chemical odor hung in the air.

Officials say a dozen firefighters had been taken to hospitals for respiratory testing and another was treated for facial burns.

Authorities from the Mercer County Prosecutor's Office are investigating the blaze.


Information from: NJ.com, http://www.nj.com

All content copyright ©2015 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.