2 escape unharmed from South Sioux City house fire; mobile home destroyed by blaze

bug


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Subjects:

Places:

 


SOUTH SIOUX CITY, Nebraska — Two South Sioux City residents escaped unharmed from a fire that destroyed their mobile home.

The Sioux City Journal reports (http://bit.ly/1DrJYD0 ) that the fire was reported around 3 p.m. Thursday.

Fire Chief Toby English says the fire started when a cleaning product was spilled on the kitchen counter next to the stove, which was turned on. Heat from the stove ignited the cleaning product.

English says the residents were able to call 911 and leave the home without injury. He says the home was a total loss.

The American Red Cross is helping the residents find other living arrangements.


Information from: Sioux City Journal, http://www.siouxcityjournal.com

All content copyright ©2015 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.