Daily Journal masthead

Columbia Falls, Maine, man dies in fire after trying to light his wood stove with gasoline

bug
Share/Save/Bookmark

COLUMBIA FALLS, Maine — Maine fire officials say a Columbia Falls man died in a fire inside his home after trying to light his wood stove with gasoline.

Police say 65-year-old Charles Rathburn died in the Tuesday afternoon fire. Police say a neighbor reported the fire at about 4 p.m. when they saw smoke coming from the house.

Investigators say Rathburn was trying to light his wood stove with gasoline when he was engulfed by the fire.

It was the seventh fire death in Maine this year.

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

Story copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to info@ap.org and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Category:

Subjects:

Places:

 

Follow Daily Journal:

All content copyright ©2015 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.