CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa — No injuries have been reported from a Cedar Rapids apartment fire that displaced six people.
Officials say firefighters responded to a report of smoke in the building around 5:45 a.m. Saturday.
A news release from the Cedar Rapids Fire Department says crews arrived to find residents outside the building. They told firefighters of smoke in a third-floor apartment.
Fire crews determined an exhaust fan in an upstairs bathroom caused the fire. Firefighters say water and structural damage was contained to an upstairs unit.
All content copyright ©2015 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.