Firefighters: Electrical malfunction near air conditioning unit causes fatal Baton Rouge fire

bug


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Subjects:

Places:

 


BATON ROUGE, Louisiana — Baton Rouge firefighters say an electrical malfunction near an air conditioning unit caused a fire that claimed the life of a 90-year-old man.

Fire department spokesman Mark Miles tells The Advocate (http://bit.ly/1mvLacp ) firefighters carried both 87-year-old Helen Paxton who was in her living room and her husband, Steve Paxton, who had fallen down in a rear hallway from the burning house.

He says firefighters performed CPR on the couple, but Steve Paxton died at the scene Saturday night.

Firefighters say Helen Paxton noticed smoke accumulating in the home shortly before 8 p.m. and called her son at his home in Denham Springs. He notified neighbors who called 911.

Helen Paxton was taken to nearby hospital for treatment.


Information from: The Advocate, http://theadvocate.com

All content copyright ©2014 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.