MONTPELIER, Vermont — Attorneys for a Vermont man charged with killing a 2-year-old boy have filed a motion to dismiss the case after a judge said the evidence against him is "paper thin."
Last week, Judge Michael Kupersmith said evidence exists to continue holding 26-year-old Joshua Blow of Shelburne, "but it is doubtful" the prosecution "could survive a motion to dismiss."
Blow is facing a second-degree murder charge in the July 22 death of Aiden Haskins of Shelburne. He has pleaded not guilty.
Chittenden County State's Attorney T.J. Donovan tells the Burlington Free Press (http://bfpne.ws/WI6c1K) the state will oppose the motion to dismiss the case.
A hearing hasn't been scheduled yet.
Information from: The Burlington Free Press, http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com
All content copyright ©2014 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.