California man tries to prevent problems outside, finds fire inside

bug


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Subjects:

Places:

 


SAN JOSE, California — A Northern California man who was outside clearing downed trees to prevent further problems from the gusty winds that knocked out power, went inside his home to find a fire.

KNTV reports (http://bit.ly/13JzfFF ) the good Samaritan was chopping fallen trees in his San Jose neighborhood after heavy wind storms on Tuesday night when his own Christmas tree was set ablaze, displacing him and his roommate.

San Jose Fire Capt. Mitch Matlow says the man was working outside about 8:30 p.m. when he returned inside and found that one of his animals had knocked over several candles, sparking the fire.

No one was seriously injured. One resident in the complex went to a hospital for treatment for smoke inhalation.

The man used a garden hose to put out the fire before firefighters arrived.


Information from: KNTV-TV.

All content copyright ©2015 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.