7 children burned in California by science project gone awry during after-school program


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)




RANCHO SANTA MARGARITA, California — Seven elementary-age children are recovering from burns sustained when a science project went awry during an after-school program in Southern California.

The Los Angeles Times reports (http://lat.ms/1LxchWN ) that the experiment at a YMCA in Coto de Caza involved microwaved soap, which splashed on the children.

Fire Authority Capt. Steve Concialdi says a 7-year-old girl was hospitalized Wednesday with first- and second-degree burns on her right arm. The other children's injuries were treatable on site.

Concialdi says all the kids, ages 5 to 8, will be OK.

He says the hot soap billowed up and then splashed down on the children. Concialdi called it an unfortunate accident.

Information from: Los Angeles Times, http://www.latimes.com/

All content copyright ©2015 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.