Elderly woman dies after fire breaks out in unit at assisted living facility


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)




CHELMSFORD, Massachusetts — Fire department officials say an elderly resident has died from injuries suffered in a blaze at an independent living facility in Chelmsford.

The 76-year-old woman suffered severe burns in the fire that broke out in a third-floor unit Monday night at Summer Place.

The Lowell Sun reports the woman, whose name was not immediately released, was taken to Lowell General Hospital and later flown to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, where she died.

All other residents were safely evacuated from the complex during the fire and most had been allowed to return to their units by Tuesday.

There was no immediate word on the cause of the blaze.

Information from: The (Lowell, Massachusetts) Sun, http://www.lowellsun.com

All content copyright ©2015 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.