Fire marshals say flammable liquid used to start fire likely triggered fatal blaze in Maine

bug


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Subjects:

Places:

 


ST. FRANCIS, Maine — The state fire marshal's office says a fire in northern Maine has claimed a man's life.

Investigators believe 74-year-old Patrick Deignan used flammable liquid to start a fire in his woodstove Wednesday morning in the town of St. Francis, west of Fort Kent. His body was found in the basement, near the stove.

Deignan lived alone in his ranch-style house on Main Street. A passer-by reported the fire at 7 a.m.

The state fire marshal's office says flammable liquid should never be used indoors to start a fire because the fumes can trigger an explosion.

All content copyright ©2014 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.