Family of girl fatally shocked in Salina settles lawsuit against companies but not city

bug


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Subjects:

Places:

 


SALINA, Kansas — The family of a girl who was electrocuted in Salina has settled a lawsuit against two companies, but their lawsuit against the city continues.

The family of Jayden Hicks sued Devonheir, doing business as Hope Electrical Products, and Consolidated Electrical Distributors, doing business as American Electric Co., after the 11-year-old girl was shocked while playing in the rain in Salina in May 2013. She was 12 when she died seven months later.

The two companies manufactured and sold an electrical junction box that was installed near Salina's downtown plaza. Jayden was shocked when she came into contact with the metal cover of the box.

The Salina Journal reports (http://bit.ly/1OYsJPa ) a settlement hearing Tuesday was closed to the public and settlement details were not released.


Information from: The Salina (Kan.) Journal, http://www.salina.com

All content copyright ©2015 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.