NC board hears evidence about a number of errors that led to 3 deaths at Boone motel

bug


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Places:

 


CHARLOTTE, North Carolina — A board deciding whether to suspend or revoke the license of a contractor has shed new light on errors that led to three people dying from carbon monoxide poisoning in the same Boone motel room.

The Charlotte Observer (http://bit.ly/1t4c8R1 ) reported that the State Board of Examiners of Plumbing, Heating & Fire Sprinkler Contractors heard the case in May and decided to suspend Dale Winkler's license for at least a year. He is appealing.

Former motel manager Damon Mallatere asked Winkler to inspect for gas leaks or a stopped up exhaust pipe after two people died in a room at the Best Western in Boone in April 2013. Winkler found nothing, and a third person died in the room a month later.

Mallatere is charged with involuntary manslaughter in the deaths.


Information from: The Charlotte Observer, http://www.charlotteobserver.com

All content copyright ©2014 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.