Fire escapes chimney fire in Brookline

bug


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Subjects:

Places:

 


BROOKLINE, Vermont — Firefighters say a family has escaped injury from a chimney fire in their Brookline, Vermont, home.

Firefighters say the family's wood stove sparked a fire in the chimney Monday afternoon. They were celebrating their 1-year-old's birthday at the time.

The Brattleboro Reformer reports (http://bit.ly/1bI41RH) the chimney was destroyed and the house may have had some smoke damage.

NewBrook Fire and Rescue Chief Todd Lawley said chimney fires can be prevented by cleaning out wood stoves on a regular basis, preferably monthly.


Information from: Brattleboro Reformer, http://www.reformer.com/

All content copyright ©2014 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.