New bone fragments found during resumed search of shipwrecked Concordia now in Genoa's port

bug


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Subjects:

Places:

 


ROME — Italian authorities say they found bone fragments during a search of the shipwrecked Costa Concordia when the ship was brought to port for scrapping.

Italy's civil protection agency said Wednesday it's not clear if the remains belong to the one person still unaccounted for from the disaster: Indian waiter Russel Rebello.

Rebello was one of 32 people who died when the Concordia struck a reef off Tuscany and capsized Jan. 13, 2012. The search for his remains resumed after the Concordia was towed last month to Genoa's port where it will be taken apart.

Civil protection officials said the fragments might also belong to Italian passenger Maria Grazia Trecarichi, whose partial, mutilated remains were recovered a few months ago.

All content copyright ©2014 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.