NEW YORK — The suspension of Los Angeles Dodgers infielder Erisbel Arruebarrena has been cut to 30 days and he is to report Friday to the team's complex in Glendale, Arizona.
Arruebarrena was suspended by the Dodgers for the rest of the season on May 21 for what the team said was "repeated failures to comply with his contract." His lawyer, Jay Reisinger, said Friday an appeal had been filed but matter has been settled.
Arruebarrena signed a $25 million, five-year contract in February 2014 and split the season among four minor league teams and the Dodgers. He made his big league debut May 23 last year and hit .195 in 22 games for Los Angeles.
Los Angeles designated him for assignment Dec. 31. When he cleared waivers he was sent outright to the team's Triple-A affiliate. The 25-year-old Cuban remained at extended spring training and did not play in any minor league games this year.