Victim in Indianapolis mobile home fire identified as 50-year-old woman who lived alone


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)




INDIANAPOLIS — Authorities have identified a woman who was found dead after Indianapolis firefighters put out a fire at her home.

Fire Capt. Rita Reith (rite) said Saturday that the woman has been identified as 50-year-old Therese Hause.

Officials believe the fire was accidental and was caused by unattended smoking materials. Family members told investigators the woman lived alone.

The fire was reported about 4:15 a.m. Friday at a mobile home park on the city's east side.

Reith says crews were able to extinguish the blaze within about five minutes. She says a neighbor tried to get inside the home after the blaze broke out, but was turned back by the fire's heat.

Hause's death is the 16th in the Indianapolis Fire Department district this year.

All content copyright ©2014 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.