CHARLOTTE, North Carolina — Authorities have identified the three men who died in a wreck on Interstate 77 in Charlotte earlier this week.
The North Carolina Highway Patrol told local media that the victims were the driver, 25-year-old Alcides Adan Arais Diaz, and his passengers, 30-year-old Keneth Romero Tzul and 37-year-old Lelis Baltazar.
Trooper John Burgin said all three men lived in Charlotte.
Investigators say the men were in a car traveling more than 100 mph that ran beneath a tractor trailer early Monday. The top of the car was torn off.
Burgin said the tractor trailer driver did not initially realize he was dragging the car.
All content copyright ©2015 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.