More recent obituaries:
- Barbara Ellen VanHuss, 61
- Gertrude Vanderploeg, 92
- Marcella G. Scudder, 91
- David D. Richardson Sr., 60
- Lynda Carol Manning, 73
- William E. ‘Bill’ Hiatt, 78
- Orvada Ruth Garrison, 79
- Edward W. Clouse, 90
- Mary Catherine Boand, 58
- Francis Jerome ‘Jerry’ Berfanger, 79
- Florence Eleanor Adkins, 84
- Eva Greiner, 95
- Felix D. Santiago, 66
- Pauletta N. Roberts, 72
- Helen Louise Knight, 90
- Pauletta N. ‘Polly’ Roberts, 72
- Linda Marcotte-Stillabower, 63
- Dewey Fay Jones, 82
- Betty L. Giles, 65
- Floyd ‘Jim’ Gerline, 91
- Mary Louise ‘Susie’ Richards, 77
- Jason James ‘J.J.’ Henthorne, Infant
- Rev. Marilynn L. Hamilton, 91
- Otho H. ‘Slim’ Baskerville, 80
- Wilma L. Seals, 82
Betty JoAnn Oertel, 84, of Port Charlotte, Florida, formerly of Greenwood and Indianapolis, died Monday, April 28, 2014, in Vick Street Manor in Port Charlotte, Florida.
Survivors include her son, Dennis (DeAnn) Oertel of Arcadia, Florida; and five grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Richard L. Oertel; a son, Rick L. Oertel; one brother; and her parents, Dorris L. and Elizabeth Broadstone Brooks.
Private burial will be at Forest Lawn Memory Gardens in Greenwood.
Forest Lawn Funeral Home, Greenwood, is assisting with arrangements.