More recent obituaries:
- Barbara Ellen VanHuss, 61
- Gertrude Vanderploeg, 92
- Marcella G. Scudder, 91
- David D. Richardson Sr., 60
- Lynda Carol Manning, 73
- William E. ‘Bill’ Hiatt, 78
- Orvada Ruth Garrison, 79
- Edward W. Clouse, 90
- Mary Catherine Boand, 58
- Francis Jerome ‘Jerry’ Berfanger, 79
- Florence Eleanor Adkins, 84
- Eva Greiner, 95
- Felix D. Santiago, 66
- Pauletta N. Roberts, 72
- Helen Louise Knight, 90
- Pauletta N. ‘Polly’ Roberts, 72
- Linda Marcotte-Stillabower, 63
- Dewey Fay Jones, 82
- Betty L. Giles, 65
- Floyd ‘Jim’ Gerline, 91
- Mary Louise ‘Susie’ Richards, 77
- Jason James ‘J.J.’ Henthorne, Infant
- Rev. Marilynn L. Hamilton, 91
- Otho H. ‘Slim’ Baskerville, 80
- Wilma L. Seals, 82
Elizabeth Irene Tibbs of San Antonio, Texas, formerly of Nineveh, died Feb. 19, 2014.
She is survived by her children, Stephen (Joyce) Tibbs and Trina Tibbs Mounts; four grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; and siblings Walter and Vernon Roberts.
She was preceded in death by her husband, John I. Tibbs; parents, Edward and Hassie Roberts; and siblings, John Roberts and Mary Thompson.
Burial was at Forest Lawn Memory Gardens in Greenwood. Her family held a private celebration of her life and another celebration is planned in the fall.
Swartz Family Community Mortuary and Memorial Center in Franklin handled local arrangements.