More recent obituaries:
- Barbara Ellen VanHuss, 61
- Gertrude Vanderploeg, 92
- Marcella G. Scudder, 91
- David D. Richardson Sr., 60
- Lynda Carol Manning, 73
- William E. ‘Bill’ Hiatt, 78
- Orvada Ruth Garrison, 79
- Edward W. Clouse, 90
- Mary Catherine Boand, 58
- Francis Jerome ‘Jerry’ Berfanger, 79
- Florence Eleanor Adkins, 84
- Eva Greiner, 95
- Felix D. Santiago, 66
- Pauletta N. Roberts, 72
- Helen Louise Knight, 90
- Pauletta N. ‘Polly’ Roberts, 72
- Linda Marcotte-Stillabower, 63
- Dewey Fay Jones, 82
- Betty L. Giles, 65
- Floyd ‘Jim’ Gerline, 91
- Mary Louise ‘Susie’ Richards, 77
- Jason James ‘J.J.’ Henthorne, Infant
- Rev. Marilynn L. Hamilton, 91
- Otho H. ‘Slim’ Baskerville, 80
- Wilma L. Seals, 82
Oscar Franklin Holcomb, 83, died Wednesday, July 10, 2013. He was a resident of Indianapolis.
Survivors include a son, Franklin C. Holcomb of Avon; and two sisters, Myrtle Alderson and Clara Phillips, both of Greenwood.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Jewell Lashbrook Holcomb; his parents, Oscar Franklin and Gladys Clendenen Holcomb; a daughter, Mary Julian; a brother, Robert Holcomb; and a sister, Betty Goodmon.
A funeral service will be at 2:30 p.m. Monday at Singleton Community Mortuary and Memorial Center, 7602 Madison Ave., Indianapolis. Burial will be at Forest Lawn Memory Gardens in Greenwood.