Vet clinic catches fire


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

 


A fire that may have been started by a small heater burned the back of a Bargersville veterinary clinic this morning.

No animals were inside Good Shepherd Veterinary Services, located at 250 State Road 135, when the fire started. One person was inside, and was able to get out. No one was injured, Bargersville Fire Chief Jason Ramey said.

The fire started at about 10 a.m. Tuesday in the crawlspace of the building where the owner was trying to thaw frozen pipes with a small propane heater, Ramey said. Firefighters were able to get to the fire quickly, and had put out the flames within about 45 minutes, he said.

He didn't not know a cost estimate of the damage, but the back wall of building will likely have to be replaced, he said.

Firefighters rotated between fighting the blaze for about 10 minutes and then warming up in their trucks to keep them safe in the extreme cold weather, Ramey said.

Share/Save/Bookmark

All content copyright ©2014 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.