Daily Journal staff report
Eight adults were arrested and three teens were sent home with their parents after police were called to an underage drinking party in Greenwood.
Police were called to the home in the 5400 block of Lacy Court at about 2 a.m. Saturday for loud noise and people in the street and yard fighting, according to a Johnson County Sheriff’s Office report.
Sheriff’s deputies got a search warrant to get into the home, and about 25 people came outside while they were there.
Once deputies got into the home, they found alcohol bottles and a drinking game set up in the garage, the report said.
A man, who tested negative for alcohol, told police he was watching the home for the owners, the report said.
Deputies tested everyone who had been inside the home for alcohol. Ten people tested positive.
Seven adults were arrested on charges of underage drinking, and three juveniles were released to their parents, according to the report.
Police arrested the following on a charge of possession of alcohol by a minor:
- Alec Ryan Burkhart, 18, 6229 Belfry Way, Indianapolis.
- Lynzee D. Davis, 19, 51 S. 4th St., Beech Grove.
- Kyle J. Gillespie, 19, 6426 Maplelawn Drive, Indianapolis.
- Shawna A. Marmande, 18, 4484 Willowbend Drive, Beech Grove.
- Korey Kendel Owens, 20, 183 Lewis Drive, Greenwood.
- Tobias G. Pickler, 19, 220 N. 9th Ave., Beech Grove.
- Paige E. Ryan, 19, 10112 E. Edgewood Ave., Indianapolis.
Javonnie Burrows, 20, 133 N. 5th St., Beech Grove, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear in court.