The American Red Cross is offering volunteer training classes this month for people who would like to help in the event of natural disasters.
Disaster Action Team members offer immediate assistance to families affected by home fires, floods, ice storms and other disasters throughout the year, providing food, clothing, shelter and other support.
Training is free. Three of the six required courses are available in the classroom or online. The training location is at the American Red Cross, 3500 N. Morton St., Franklin.
Classes include the following:
- Disaster Services: An Overview (also online): 6 to 9:30 p.m. today
- Client Casework: Providing Emergency Assistance 1: 6 to 10 p.m. Tuesday
- Client Casework: Providing Emergency Assistance 2: 6 to 10 p.m. Oct. 10
- Shelter Fundamentals (also online): 6 to 9 p.m. Oct. 14
- Disaster Assessment Basics (Disaster Assessment Fundamentals online): 6 to 9 p.m. Oct. 17
- Disaster Action Team Fundamentals: Online only
- Disaster Action Team Induction: 6 to 9 p.m. Oct. 22
While there is no charge for the training, registration is required.
To register or for more information, contact Teresa Cummings in emergency services at 888-684-1441, ext. 327, or email@example.com.