Daily Journal Masthead

Letter: Contact commissioners to ask about looming issue

Follow Daily Journal:

Note: The statements, views, and opinions contained in this letter to the editor are those of the author and are not endorsed by, nor do they necessarily reflect, the opinions of Daily Journal.

Dann Veldkamp


To the editor:

As a resident of White River Township who travels through the Smith Valley Road/State Road 135 interchange on a regular basis, I can understand the frustration of those living in Carefree South. They feel they have no control. There is no one in government to represent their interests, as Greenwood makes decisions that are in the city’s best interest but also are potentially detrimental to Carefree South residents.

I encourage the residents to contact the county commissioners to ask them what they are going to do about the looming problem. They are the first line of government for those living in unincorporated White River Township. They have the authority to fix Smith Valley Road where the Greenwood city limits end.

Ron West represents the three northernmost townships. His email is rwest@co.johnson.in.us. However, since all the residents of the county elect the commissioners, I also encourage the residents to contact Tom Kite at tkite@co.johnson.in.us and Brian Baird at bbaird@co.johnson.in.us. If you prefer to call, you can contact the commissioner’s office at 317-346-4301.

Don’t settle for the solution of the Greenwood planning commission; call your county commissioners and let them know you need their help.

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

All content copyright ©2016 Daily Journal, a publication of AIM Media Indiana unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.