EDITOR’S NOTE — Hearts and Darts is published Mondays and as space is available.
To submit an item, email editorial assistant Anna Herkamp at email@example.com, fax to 736-2766, call 736-2712 or mail to P.O. Box 699, Franklin, IN 46131. Items must include the writer’s full name, city of residence, telephone number and full names of all people mentioned in the item. Items cannot be printed without the writer’s real first and last name and city of residence. Writers are asked to name no more than 10 individuals and five businesses in hearts and not to name individuals in darts. Items should not exceed 100 words. We do not print darts related to business disputes.
- I would like to say thanks to Frechette Eye Center, Heartland Community Bank, Mutual Bank, Met Life Insurance, Mr. Todd Shuck, and a big thanks to Lyman and Loren Snyder from Hilliard Lyons for donating to our local Business Professionals of America Chapter at Franklin Community High School. Your donations are much appreciated, and I am grateful to have received funds from organizations such as yours.
Franklin Community High School Business
Professionals of America chapter
- The Helping Hands Ministry of Franklin Church of Christ would like to thank all of the businesses and individuals that donated to our ministry. We would also like to thank those who participated in the Chicago’s Pizza and Applebee’s Dine to Donate events. All of you have made a tremendous difference in the lives of so many of our residents. Thank you so very, very much.
and the Helping Helping Hands Ministry
Franklin Church of Christ
- Hearts to the staff of Homeview Health and Rehab for the care they have given our friend Mattie Dickey. Also, for allowing our card club to use the conference room in order to host a pitch-in and to play cards. We all had a good time, and it was great to see Mattie doing so well.
- Hearts (to local organizations) for all the wonderful outdoor concerts that so many of us enjoyed this summer. What a great way to spend beautiful summer evenings listening to a great variety of music. To list a few, Franklin and Greenwood city bands, Greenwood Park Mall, the Greenwood parks department, the Franklin parks department, Johnson County Park and the Fourth Fridays in Franklin. I apologize for any organization that I missed.
- We have visited the Greenwood Middle School for the 17th year to observe their Veterans Day program. Every year has been very enjoyable, but this year was exceptional. Thanks go to the principal, assistant principal, teachers, but most of all to the well-behaved, almost 1,000 students. A big thanks to the very good choir, band and their directors. A big thanks to the many veterans, Army, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard and Air Force and the dedicated honor guard who have participated many years. We returned home after his program feeling so blessed to be Americans.
Jean and Joe Brown
- Hearts to Indian Creek school for their Veterans Day program. Your recognition of veterans for their bravery and sacrifices is greatly appreciated. Thanks for all your hard work and dedication for this special day.
Lloyd and Dianne McKillip
- Hearts to Carol Kubinski of Shiloh Community Church for the beautiful homemade quilts she presented to the veterans Nov. 11. What a loving and generous way to honor the veterans of our church.
Lloyd and Dianne McKillip
- Many hearts and thanks to the Franklin Community High School teachers, Mrs. Nancy Bailey and Mr. Ron Bailey, and students in the Key Club, Dominick Morales, Joel Park, Daniel Weddle, Amanda Krause and Ashley Booe, for the great job of raking leaves for us “old folks” Nov. 8 after school. God bless you all and keep up your volunteering work for the community. Again, many thanks.
Ed and Doris Boudreau
- Thanks to the Indian Creek Middle School and the Indian Creek High School for the lovely music and interesting program for the elderly and young veterans and the delicious meal.
Virginia Moore, Elmer Ramey and families
- Big hearts to Sandy Wick of Four Seasons Travel. You handled every detail of our vacation and took the worry out of planning our trip. It was the best vacation ever, and we thank you very much. You are the best.
Ed Smith and Cheryl Gorman
- I would like to thank my family, my American Health Network family, Doug’s Welding & Gate family, friends, all the numerous vendors, the entire Franklin community, volunteers and all the patrons for their effort, love and support for the Fight For Vickie Benefit. I am grateful for your generosity, compassion and support through my journey with cancer. I am humbled and blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful people. Words can not express the gratitude I feel when I think about what everyone has done for me and my family.
- Hearts to Trafalgar Police Chief Kurt Heminger. Your unprecedented willingness to always be there when a friend needs help is a virtue that many do not or will not ever have. You are a very unique person from a great family. Thank you so much for helping me achieve one of my bucket list items. No one could ever ask for a better friend.
- I think instead of constructing more sidewalks, Franklin should go around and remove them since nobody uses them anymore. My wife and I are constantly having to swerve to keep from hitting someone because instead of walking on the sidewalks provided people are walking in the streets.