Even if you aren’t planning to go to the festival in Greenwood this weekend, you will have to detour around street closures.
Several streets and intersections will be closed today for the Greenwood Freedom Festival and parade.
The following intersections will be closed from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.:
- Northbound Meridian Street at Smith Valley Road
- Northbound Madison Avenue at Smith Valley Road
- Eastbound Orchard Lane at U.S. 31
- Westbound Main Street at U.S. 31
- Westbound Orchard Lane at Madison Avenue
- Market Plaza at Madison Avenue
- National City Bank parking lots (all bank entrances — no traffic onto Madison Avenue)
- Southbound Market Plaza at Main Street
- Greenwood and Main streets
- Main Street and Madison Avenue
- Pearl Street and Madison Avenue
- Broadway and Madison Avenue
- Smart Street at Broadway Street
- Brewer Street at Broadway Street
- Meridian Street at Broadway Street
- Meridian and Pearl streets
- Meridian and Main streets
- Meridian Street and Machledt Drive
- Meridian Street at the Greenwood Public Library entrance. The library will be closed all day.
- Meridian Street at Surina Way will be closed from 9:30 a.m. until midnight, and no traffic can turn onto Surina Way.
Motorists heading west on Main Street from Interstate 65 should take Emerson Avenue north to County Line Road or take Smith Valley Road west to U.S. 31.