Daily Journal Masthead

Electrical fire damages home, but no one injured


Follow Daily Journal:


A Franklin home was damaged Wednesday after an electrical fire started in the ceiling.

Franklin Fire Department crews were called to the home at 698 Hurricane St. shortly after 3 p.m. A neighbor told the homeowner to call 911 after he saw smoke coming from the roof, fire department spokesman Chuck Ridpath said.

Firefighters extinguished the fire, which was confined to the ceiling, in about 15 minutes. No one was injured.

The home is still habitable but power was disconnected.

The homeowner contacted the Red Cross for assistance, Ridpath said.

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

All content copyright ©2015 Daily Journal, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.