Daily Journal Masthead
Center Grove wins state championship!  Click for details

Blaze in Franklin house out before firefighters arrive

Follow Daily Journal:

Franklin firefighters were called to a small fire at a home near downtown Thursday.

The small fire started in a trash can in a pantry at about 8:30 p.m. at 179 S. Home Ave.

A contractor who was varnishing floors in the house called the fire department. The fire was out before firefighters arrived, spokesman Chuck Ridpath said.

Firefighters used a fan to help blow smoke out of the house. The fire melted a small hole in the floor, causing minor damage, fire department spokesman Brad Epperson said.

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

All content copyright ©2015 Daily Journal, a publication of AIM Media Indiana unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.